University Records Management Policy
This policy supports the consistent, efficient, and comprehensive management of University records. It establishes expectations for all University state agencies (207, 209, and 246) to comply with the Virginia Public Records Act via standards and guidelines issued by agency-designated records officers for the management of University records.
- University Records Management Policy (IRM-017)
University Records Standards and Guidelines
The following are some relevant standards and guidelines with specific reference to the management of University records in both electronic and physical formats.
- Institutional Physical Records Storage Standards
- Data Protection of University Information (IRM-003)
- Privacy and Confidentiality of University Information (IRM-012)
- University Data Protection Standards
- Electronically Stored Information Release Standard
- Requirements for Securing Electronic Device